Bergen’s Promise, Inc., as the Care Management Organization of Bergen County, works through the Children’s System of Care (CSOC) under the New Jersey Department of Children and Families (DCF). As Care Management services are not covered under any private insurance plans, State regulations require that all youth entering Bergen’s Promise obtain appropriate supplementary insurance. This additional coverage will have no effect on your private insurance or other services that you are receiving.
You will be eligible for one of two types of coverage:
1. New Jersey FamilyCare (NJFC): for financially eligible families, provides medical and mental health benefits, sometimes with a small premium from the family
- Important Information - Your child may receive temporary insurance coverage through NJ FamilyCare based on the information you gave on this application. In a couple of weeks, you will receive a letter requesting proof of income, and possibly some other information. Please respond right away. In order to keep this coverage, you will have to provide the requested documents. If your family member(s) is found to be eligible, he/she will receive full health insurance coverage from NJ FamilyCare.
2. Children’s System of Care Initiative (CSOCI) coverage: coverage available only to youth who are not eligible for NJFC; provides limited benefits, including care management services
If you have questions about the application you should contact NJ FamilyCare directly at 1-800-701-0710 or your Care Manager for further assistance. Your Care Manager will request weekly updates from you regarding Medication applications that are due for submission. Delays in the completion and submission of the NJ FamilyCare (Medicaid) application can hinder and delay the delivery of necessary services for your child and family.
Copies of all required supporting documentation must be submitted along with the application:
- The youth’s Social Security Card & Birth Certificate, or appropriate non-US citizenship documents
- The family’s three most recent pay stubs, or other approved proof of income
- Proof of the youth’s insurance (if applicable)
Bergen’s Promise and the Family Support Organization will be more than happy to help you complete the NJ FamilyCare application.
To learn more, visit www.njfamilycare.org or call 1-800-701-0710 where operators can speak 150 different languages.
Click here to download the NJ FamilyCare flyer in English.
Haga click aqui para descargar el panfleto de NJ FamilyCare en Español.