The Behavioral Health Home component supports youth with chronic co-occurring behavioral and medical health issues. This enhances the Wraparound Model of Care to integrate both medical and behavioral health care.
Behavioral Health Home services utilize a holistic philosophy to integrate physical and behavioral health care management in order to build a person-centered system of care. Youth will receive the traditional Wraparound care management services for emotional/behavioral health, IDD or substance abuse issues with the addition of an enhanced health care management component.
Eligible youth must have a behavioral health challenge and a chronic medical condition. These conditions include:
- Autism with GI Concerns (e.g., gastro esophageal reflux disease, diarrhea, constipation, gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome)
- Chronic Migraine Headaches
- Eating Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders:
- Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Sickle Cell
- Kidney Disease
- Seizure Disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Substance Abuse
- Developmental Disability
- Cerebral Palsy
- Genetic or Chromosomal Disorders
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Neurological Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
- Prematurity Related Disorders
- Spina Bifida
Referrals and eligibility are determined by PerformCare, the contracted systems administrator by calling 1-877-652-7624.
In addition to a Care Manager, a highly trained Nurse or Wellness Educator will be added to the youth's Child and Family Team with the goal of providing:
- Health Promotion
- Care Coordination
- Comprehensive Transitional Care and Follow up
- Individual and Family support
- Referrals to Community Based Support Services
The Behavioral Health Home integration will ensure that youth:
- Retain a primary care provider and attend regular well-child visits
- Receive early periodic screening, diagnosis and treatment for chronic conditions
- Obtain appropriate metabolic monitoring for psychotropic medications
- Receive coordination of services between medical and behavioral health providers
| BHH Positive Stories
Andrew, 10 years old, shared his exciting results and experiences working with the Child & Family Team which included his Bergen's Promise Care Manager and Wellness Educator. Through healthy eating, exercise games, and developing good communication, Andrew was able to see major improvements.
Health and Wellness Educators Presenting in a City near You!
Unable to attend our presentations? You can listen to our Health and Wellness Educators below!
Social Media Presentation for Grandparents
Winter Wellness 2015