We are excited to announce that Bergen's Promise, Inc. is the new Unified Care Management Organization for Bergen County!
Messages from our Families
Who we are:
- A government funded, non-profit agency dedicated to organizing and coordinating services, resources and supports for children and adolescents in Bergen County with serious emotional and behavioral challenges.
- An organization which believes in a unique model of care that builds on the identified strengths and assets already present within the young person and his or her family.
What we do:
- Help to form a network of support around the child (or adolescent) with people who truly care about the future of the young person in crisis. The goal of this support system is to keep the child in his or her home, school and community, and out of trouble.
- Provide skilled care management to children and their families utilizing both traditional mental health services and creative community opportunities available to Bergen County residents. In order to maximize quality of care, each care manager works with only 10 youth and their families.
How we do it:
- Children and adolescents are referred through a centralized gateway operated by the Contracted Systems Administrator,
Contracted Systems Administrator,
designated by the NJ Division of Child Behavioral Health Services to authorize services for children in need of mental health care.
- Through meetings coordinated by Bergen's Promise, the members of the support network (the Child and Family Team) form a plan of care and treatment. This plan is based on strengths and interests of the child, his or her family, extended family and community. A coach, a therapist or even a neighbor might become involved in the Child and Family Team, helping to provide a foundation for growth and sustainability for the young person.